A breast reduction procedure is a great way to help women who are desiring smaller or more proportioned breasts. This treatment is often considered for both medical and cosmetic purposes, as women who undergo this procedure may be dealing with several struggles that impact their physical and emotional health. Regardless of the reason, the goal of Dr. Joseph C. Berardi of Scottsdale, AZ is to provide natural-looking results to help ease these concerns and improve self-confidence.
What is a breast reduction?
Breast reduction is a procedure during which a plastic surgeon will remove excess tissue, fat, and skin in the breast area to balance the breasts with the rest of the body and reduce complications that are commonly associated with larger breasts.
Why might a woman consider breast reduction?
There are many reasons why a woman might want to speak to a plastic surgeon about breast reduction procedures. Below are just a few of the reasons Dr. Joseph C. Berardi hears for women who are thinking about moving forward with this plastic surgery:
- The breasts are heavy and can cause pain in the back, neck, and shoulders
- The breasts are causing rashes and irritation underneath them that makes it uncomfortable to wear a bra
- Women struggle finding bras that fit and function as necessary to provide lift and reduce discomfort
- Patients might experience pinched nerves that can cause numbness and tingling in the arms
- The breasts inhibit women from participating in certain activities, including regular exercise or sports
- Women feel self-conscious about the size of their breasts, and may get unwanted attention due to this
- The breasts are large and pull downward, causing sagging and stretching of the skin or areola appearance
- Women want to achieve better balance in breasts that are different sizes
Consider the advantages of breast reduction surgery
If you reside in the area of Scottsdale, AZ and want to speak to a board-certified plastic surgeon about the best facial and body procedures, contact the office of Dr. Joseph C. Berardi by calling (480) 397-0711 and scheduling an appointment. The office is located at 8900 East Bahia Drive, Suite #110.